Tuesday, 21 April 2009

What to do??

I need a magic 8 ball to tell me what to do!

I have 3 job offers


  • to stay where I am till the end of June
  • to go to the Isle of Man aka the Rock for 3 weeks over the TT race, from the 26th May
  • to Nottingham which is ongoing for as long as I want it.

Leeds

Advantages

  • I love it where I am at the moment, and even after irradiating staff members and causing all sorts of mischief, they haven't fired me yet... always a bonus.
  • the work is dead easy, as I'm not "allowed" to do anything because the hospital has a bunch of silly rules.
  • have I mentioned they're an awesome bunch to work with, in their unique ways
  • the possibly of it being extended or asked to come back, as one staff member is about to pop out a child, and another to go off traveling for 4 months...

Disadvantages

  • Accommodation is awful... it truly is. I wouldn't put my evil grandmother in there... (and that's saying something)

The Rock

Advantages

  • I had an awesome time there last year... 3 weeks did turn into 5 months!
  • I'd get my motoring fix for the year, being able to watch the TT races
  • Lots of awesome injuries
  • I'd get to catch up with all those I worked with, have a holiday, and get paid for it
  • Free accommodation, and free return flights
  • decent accomodation, with thing that actually work... ie the washing machine.

Disadvantages

  • Pay's less, even when you include the flights and accommodation; Though there would probably be a bit of on call work available.
  • Would probably mean I can't go to Portugal, for a long weekend in May.. as flights off the island are extremely expensive as it'd be in the peak TT period, plus convincing them to give me time off.. especially when I'm only there for 12 working days!
  • It's doing general work at the moment, though with the possibility of doing CT... (as the boss is wanting to take some time off, though it hasn't been Ok'd by the department boss)

I've already said I'd do it... and would feel guilty if I turned around and said no now... Damn them for extending this position... I was all organised!

Nottingham

I think I've knocked this one off,

I'd love to go work there, but I asked if I could have 3 weeks off, over the TT period, and they've said yes, but now the CT job is no longer available (in other words some other lucky sod gets that over me,) so it'd just be in general... which I have no problem with, but CT is more fun, and pays so much better..

2 comments:

Come Back Brighter said...

Taking logically, if you weigh up the pros and cons of Leeds and the Rock, Leeds is a clear winner -- they both have the same number of advantages, but the Rock has way more disadvantages...

Ali said...

In my mind I want both, though I think I'll end up sticking with Leeds, it is the clear winner.. shame about the accomodation

I think if we hadn't booked Portugal, I'd go to the Rock though

I just don't want to have to go back and say no after already saying yes..

I want to keep everyone happy..

I just like to feel wanted