Saturday, 11 July 2009

The Wiggles

It's not everyday you get the chance to go to a kids show, when you don't have any kids!

Last weekend saw the Wiggles hit London town..


Now not something I would usually go see, but since one of my good friends from Oz was actually one of the Wiggly dancers.

There was no question about it, we had to catch up.

Not only did I get to catch up with my mate, but I also got the pleasure of meeting Anthony, Murray, Sam and Jeff , and all their friends too; Captain Feathersword, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus! :O)
It was a hilarious way to spend the morning, plus I got to visit a whole other section of London that I'd never been to.
Brad

But OMG there were kids absolutely everywhere.

It's safe to say I got more than a few strange looks, since I was there on my own, without 500 kids following my every move!

I don't know where all these fans have come from?
No one at work has heard of them, even the other Aussie chick, and most of the people I work with have Young ones...
So where do these fans spring from one may ask... ??


Are they ex pats bringing their children up to the catchy tunes of their own youth, or are they UK born and bred who've stumbled across them and fell in love with them like the rest of the population under 5?

Who knows...

But they definitely put on a cracker of a show!

Here's just a teaser:

Captain Feathersword singing waltzing Matilda on his head!

They're off to the US now for the next leg of the tour... some have all the luck hey!

1 comment:

Come Back Brighter said...

I didn't think they were that unknown, my 4-year-old nephew likes the Wiggles and my brother and his family are by no means Aussie ex-pats. Must be weird drinking with a dog and an octopus though.