Wednesday, 12 August 2009

It's a sad day when..

When your well travelled havaianas break!


It's like losing a good friend, or part of your arm!

Funny thing is that last week my friend asked me if I wanted her to bring anything over from and I almost asked for a new pair. Then decided that these would last till I make it back in November.

Boy was I wrong..

But it was definitely a hilarious goodbye...

Nothing like death by canal boat & crashing pot plants, complete with a walk through town in bare feet.

Class all the way

6 comments:

Shauna said...

OH you gotta put em in a frame! they've stomped round so many different lands :D

Come Back Brighter said...

I'm glad you avoided any confusion calling them havaianas and not thongs, because the latter would have been very strange if it involved canal boats and pot plants. Then again, look who I'm talking to!

Ali said...

They were sent to a watery grave, down the canal!
A fitting farewell I thought.
I've had them for ~5 years!!

@ Jay- I am in the Dam... anything is possible!

green ink said...

My black ones are on the way out too....it's a sad day, I agree. But what a way to go. At least they weren't thrown into the canal by a pimp though...I assume?! :P xx

Jaime S said...

Hrmn I have a plotting to maybe go backpacking for the month of November :). THen go to AU December 6th....

Have you gone most places by yourself? I wonder if I could go by myself. Scary. hostels eek.

Jadey said...

Would you like me to organise a delivery for you?