Tuesday, 1 September 2009

3 Years on

Isn't it weird how some days just stick with you, etched in your mind forever.

For me that is the 1st September 2006.

A day that has haunted me all day everyday for the last 3 years.

A day that the mere thought can send shivers down my spine, put icicles on my fingers on even the hottest summer day, and sometimes send me into shock.

I can remember the entire day in vivid detail.

From hanging the phone up in disgust, (my last phone call with my brother), to the taste of the crazy ice cream flavours that Rachael bought in for me to try. To the sense of fear you feel when you arrive home at 1am to find 3 police cars, with flashing lights sitting outside your house.

It was 3 years ago today, my little brother ended his life.

A day that will forever be etched in my mind.


It's hard to believe some days that he's really gone.

There's been days when I've gone to call him, and been halfway through putting in his number when it dawns on me that he won't answer, or I'll go to write an email, or think remember when...

I guess being overseas has helped in some ways, not having constant reminders about the place. I'm dreading going home so much in November.

Being there just makes it more real.

I came across a few of his school friends on Myspace the other day, that had left messages back then.


This blog goes out to three great people.

One who will live in our hearts and minds forever as the man who brought nature and the wild to our TV screens, and taught us all what it meant to be a true Australian.

The next, a legend of motor sport who gave us 9 thrilling Bathurst wins, and a man who used his talents for the greater good.

Finally, to a great friend who you could always count on to be compassionate and kind, and who had the potential to become great.

R.I.P Steve Irwin, Peter Brock and Reece Clare, forever loved...Peace Al

its a damn shame, he will be missed... George

Thursday, September 07, 2006
RWC 1985-2006 Current mood: shocked Category: Life
Reece W. Clare...
Believe it or not... i will miss you... at times you were my strength... at times u were my weakness... at times... you were there... just to hang out... i wish it could've been different. i wish it didn't have to end like this... you will be sorely missed by a lot of people... not many people had the outgoing nature that you had.. u had a way of making everybody smile... and at least we have good memories to remember you by... you will be missed
Ducky...
R.I.P RWC 1985-2006

He will be missed... he's touched our hearts and has left a hole that no other person can ever fill... one of our greatest mates ducky... there are many memories to be shared and loved. This wonderful man is in a better place and is watching over us...We love u Reece... and will miss u more than u will ever know....

We'll never have the answers we want, But I hope you're finally at peace




I now realise why you loved this song so much...

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Big hug Ali... thinking of you!

Gillian said...

Oh Ali - I don't know what I can say, but I'm thinking of you xx

Anonymous said...

Sending you some *hugs*

Kristy

Amanda said...

I realised what day it was after some of your posts on FB, and was thinking of you. xoxo

Jadey said...

I kow it's late and I'm sitting at work wheer I shouldn't be reading blogs but there's a single tear running down my cheek.

Sending you lots of hugs.

I just can't imagine...