Tuesday, 8 September 2009

The art of choosing a new bag

A few weeks ago my bag broke.


It'd been hanging by a thread for a few weeks, and it was only a matter of time before it plummeted to it's death.


So I've been on the look out for a new bag ever since.


Which brings me to the art of finding that perfect bag.


To me I'm not grown up enough to get a real handbag. After all only grown ups have those! (and I'm not grown up!)


I prefer the ones with longer straps that hang around your waist..

More for the fact that when I travel it's more secure, I have 2 hands free to do with what I please, & I'm less likely to leave it somewhere if it's hanging from my neck :o)

I found the perfect bag last weekend, but can't justify spending $200 Aus on it..


It's just a bag for god sake!



But I have a few contenders, but none scream "buy me", " buy me!"

  1. Comes in chocolate brown, or a delightful plum colour (My eyes are always drawn towards anything purple!)
  2. This bright in your face red number
  3. Or this more subdued Black one


I need to accept the fact that my bag cannot be saved, and buy a new one.

I'm in denial

Anyone seen a great bag out there that they just love?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bags :)

Im actually on the lookout for a new handbag for work. Yes, I like grown up handbags :P Im willing to spend up to $250, so $200 seems ok to me. My most recent bag purchase was a quite a bit more....

I like the red one. Where are they from?

Kristy

Ali said...

I found those ones in Esprit!

Trust there to be someone out there that would pay that much for a bag! ;o)

I have plenty of bags back in Oz

Im just looking for a work one too, big enough to fit my uniform, without creasing it anymore than it already is,lunch and all my work stuff..

I think I'll head ove to Liverpool on the weekend for some proper bag shopping!

Shawn said...

I splurged and bought myself a grey "Guess" bag and purse. I've NEVER had a nice bag or purse in all my life, plus my last bag of 5 years was a satchel which was a showbag from the melbourne show! So I felt I deserved it ;)

Amanda said...

If you don't find one you like, I could maybe make you one, if you picked out the fabric you wanted. I just made a bag, it turned out quite well- I'll take photos. It was a similar messenger bag style to the ones you like (and a bit bigger than the one you were carrying, I think, but not *too* big). I spent about $50 on materials- totally worth it :)

philippa_moore said...

I like the red in-ya-face number. Very you!

Don't know if they have Sports Direct in Leeds, but you can get really nice leather Dunlop satchels for like £10 from there, and they look fabulous. Zips tend not to last long though.

Ali said...

I just need someone to buy me a bag and that'll be it!

I'll find one I like eventually