Sunday, 6 June 2010

TT road races 2010

Every year in June 40,000 bikers descend on the Isle of Man, for the TT road races.

A race I'd never even heard of until I had a job offer 2 years ago.

I love trauma, and what's better than being part a motorbike race!

Of course I jumped at the chance to head back here again.

Last week saw all the bikers out of an evening, practicing for the actual race.

Nothing beats the excitement TT brings to the island.

The population triples, there are people about in town, there's multiple beer tents scattered about the place, and bikes zooming past at incredible speeds.
what more could you want?

I've spent a few evenings last week hanging about catching some of the action.

Here's just a few pictures of the bikes.

At the famous quarterbridge, they actually slow down enough to get a picture of them!
(plus there's a pub!)

One night I was lucky enough to be on call, and got stuck in the middle of the track, so I scrambled through the bushes and sat on top of a fence, to watch them fly past.
Best spot ever.

personally I love the fact that the tree has padding!
Races are on during the next 5 days, bit jealous I can't watch the first few, as I actually have to work.
But bring on Friday and it's public holiday and another day of racing...
Who knew I had such a thing for speed!?!

2 comments:

Jadey said...

It's not like you not to post news of your adventures?

ali said...

I know, I totally suck of late.

I've got so much to say just no
time to write, and the more I get behind, the less I feel like writting.
But at the same time I love looking back years later and remembering the crazy things I got up to.