Sunday, 24 May 2009

Brighton

With a long weekend, and Shaz, Trev and I actually being in the same country at the same time, we decided to head to Brighton for the day.

Mainly because it's just an hour from London, and a place none of us had been to yet.

We really couldn't have picked a better day; it was a perfect day for the beach...the sun was shinning, and the sky was blue!

It seems thousands of Londoners had the same idea!


Arrived bright and early and followed the hoards of people down towards the waterfront.

It's a strange feeling visiting a place you've read about, and seen many pictures of, yet never visited.

It certainly had the smell of the ocean, yet no sand, what's the deal with having rocky beaches....???


where's the sand?

Wandered along the waterfront, and checked out the little farmers markets selling all sorts of things, before having some delicious fish and chips for lunch.

Stopped for a bit of a play in the sand at the volleyball net for some real beach time!

Before heading to the paddling pool for some splashing fun!


Lucas was a hit with the Ladies, pushing this car around and around the pool (I think secretly he was hoping she'd fall out, and he'd get a go... love the look on his face though!)


Before heading back along the now packed beach... the crowds have arrived!

Never have I seen so much glowing pasty white skin on show! it was almost blinding!



Wandered along to the famous Brighton Pier


Where we sampled the freshly made sugared doughnuts.. that were missing the cinnamon!!

And people watched in the free deck chairs


All in all it was a fantastic chilled day at the beach.

Thanks Shaz and Trev, we really should catch up more often!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like fun! It was certainly a great weekend for it, I remember sitting out in the sun that day :)

I think you have a spot on your camera lens- maybe need to clean it somehow? I noticed it on a few of the Porto pictures, thought I was imagining things, but I can see it again here. I have no idea how to clean a camera lens though- so I'm no help whatsoever!