Friday, 20 June 2008

The Parish Walk

It's pissing down with rain outside, with a side of gale force winds..
I sure picked a great weekend to hire a car and go sightseeing hey!

It's also the weekend of the Parish Walk.
An 85mile walk around all 17 parishes on the island which must be completed within 24hours.

Insane, especially in this weather.

They started with 1600 entrants, and the number has been dwindling all day, as the weather got the better of people.
It's truely horrible outside, and it's just been getting worse as the day's progressed. In some places you could only see 2m ahead due to fog, and rain...

I spent much of the day out exploring the island, I saw seals at The Lands End of Mann... got blown away when I tried to see the Chasms, so I'll have to try that some other time..
You have to walk along the cliff line to get to them, and with the gale force winds, and horizontal rain, i decided it wasn't the best time to try.

Almost ran over many a walker as they took over all the roads of the island. (They walk completely around the Island, so I pretty much followed the route they took)

I almost stopped and took a picture of this one guy who was wearing white shorts, and black underwear... not a delightful look with now see through wet white shorts, and a blake wedgie! but I didn't cause he was out there walking, and I was safely protected from the evil weather in my hire car...

I arrived on the island too late to enter this year, but I think I'll try do it next year...

Maybe not the whole 85miles, but I reckon I could manage the 32miles to Peel...

Anyone want to join me???? If we start training now, we might make it! :O)

Anyways I think it's time for a lovely warm shower, and then I can go snuggle in bed and try read my book..

Because weather like this, is book reading weather

No comments: