I ended up catching the bus this morning, and while standing there waiting for it to come I realised that it’s been about 3 weeks since I last caught the bus to work.. Impressive. I’ve really been enjoying walking about the place. Enough to even say that I‘ll miss it when I leave. There’s something about walking in morning with fresh air, and sunshine that just gets the day off to an amazing start.
A few weeks ago I bought myself a tiny little ipod shuffle (one of the ones that clips on to your shirt) I’ve been eyeing these little babies off for the last year or so, but thinking that since I already have an ipod (which I seem to hardly use cause it’s so bulky) it’d be a waste of money…
Anyways it’s the best buy ever, I’m so in love with my little blue bundle of ipodness.. I feel lost without it. I’ve joined the cult of the earphone wearing hooligans.. And I’m proud.
Had a scary moment on the way home the other day though when I became so enthralled with the music I started singing nice and loudly…(I can't admit to exactly what song it was.. I’d be continually mocked!) but me and singing = not good at all! (think of the glorious sound of fingernails on chalkboards and you'll be close!) I think I scared the guy walking in front as he suddenly set off at a brisk pace and didn’t look back once! oops
Problem is that I don’t have all that many songs on my laptop, they’re all on my computer back home, so I’m stuck listening to the same songs over and over some Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters and a collection of crude Scottish folk songs from my adventures and a collection of aussie idol songs and not a lot else…
So I put it out to you, I need some awesome walking music… any suggestions?
Had another pleasant day at work yesterday, with a grand total of one patient to scan.. But he was a goodie…
The request read “hit in head with sledge hammer” so one would be correct in assuming face vs. hammer… cant be a pretty result right!?!
Had to laugh when the porter wheeled him into the department, there was no doubt he was for me!
He didn’t seem all that impressed with me mocking him… but it was all in jest I promise
Took a bit of persuading to get the story out of him.
Seems he was working on the railway tracks and walking down the middle with a sledge hammer in his hand when he tripped, dropped the hammer, it bounced and got him in the face as he was falling… knocked himself clean out…
What was funny though was the hammer imprint on his forehead glowing bright red… leaving no question as to what he was hit with!
He didn’t end up doing too much damage to himself which is good, just a touch of a bruised ego… which I’m sure he’ll cope with, and his friends and workmates won’t let him forget for a long time to come!
Apart from that I spent the rest of the day babysitting in MRI, magnets are great, I learnt heaps today. It’s one of the areas I’d love to get into, but being a locum no one will train you in it, they’d rather train their own staff.. Which is fair enough. But I’d love to learn. I’m actually contemplating doing a post graduate course to further my study, I’m in need of some intellectual stimulation… I’m getting bored in other words.
Kathleen found it amusing to watch me try work the control panel to get patients out… didn’t think to offer any advice, just rolled her eyes and laughed!
Anyone that’s had an MRI scan will know you feel rather closed in, nothing like having me come to get you out, and tell you, actually I cant work out how to get you out! ;o) would make anyone start to panic! (if it doesn’t then that’s a worry!)
Had to laugh at one guy who we asked if he wanted to listen to the radio or a CD, and his response was this is fine… thing was there was nothing playing at the time… I had to try hard not to laugh, I saved that until we went out the door… People do and say some strange things when it comes to hospitals and procedures.. If only there wasn’t’ the whole patient confidentiality, I could have a field day.
I was right it was a full moon yesterday... explains all the mad people... one this morning laughed and laughed.. no idea what he was laughing at still.
Weather is awful here at the moment, it’s pouring down outside with winds howling about the creaky residence. It’s an effort to fight the door to the bathroom open, which could mean disaster if someone is in a hurry! I’m thinking that the huge turn around in the weather is because I went ahead and hired a car for this weekend. So that I can get out and explore some of the unreachable points of the island, and actually have a life outside the world of Douglas, as pretty as it is.
fingers crossed for a weekend of sunshine
Thursday, 19 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment