Thursday, 12 June 2008

To go or stay that is the question

So I've had a job offer yesterday from another agency I'm registered with..

Why is it do you think that they love to dangle carrots in front of you once you've finally decided on something.

I was all set to stay here in the Isle of Man till the end of July.. but this has made me rethink things... I had it in my mind that I'd head back to Scotland later this year, as I do love it and all it's scenery..
my home away from home

But do I want to go work in Glasgow again?

Pros:
  • It's doing exactly what I'm doing here, (not sure what the pay is like but scotland does pay more than the UK.)
  • I'd be in the real world again, not marooned on an Island, however gorgeous it is! (able to have more adventurous weekends
  • It's ongoing
  • Theres no accomodation so I would get to go flat hunting again, meaning I'd have a propper home again without the firealarms that go off when boiling water
  • I'd get to practice my scottish accent, and remember exactly why I couldn't understand them, last time.
  • I'd get to catch up with all my crazy scottish friends

Cons:

  • I actually like the people I'm working with here
  • It is an easy job in the Isle of man, no stress, plenty of free time
  • I enjoy walking through the bushes and fields to get to work, and things being green
  • I hate leaving people in the lurch (that's why I like jobs that have definite starting and finishing dates)
  • The joys of flat hunting (though it mightn't be so bad with everyone heading off for summer vacations
  • The lovely scottish weather (though i did learn to just accept the fact that it'd rain everyday)
  • Do I want to head back to somewhere I've already worked, or would I prefer to head some place different
  • not sure which hospital it would be at (hate that they won't tell you till it's confirmed), might have to work for the evil boss again.

I think I'd like to head back, I might ask some more questions of the agency and see if I can get any more information out of them..

it's like trying to get water out of a stone..

Though on another note, today I spent 5 hours doing sudoku puzzle's from all the old papers, and got paid lots for it.. There's only one Doctor on for the rest of the week, so we cant book outpatients to have scans, as there's no one to report them. So today we scaned a grand total of 5 patients..

that's less than one and hour.. insane.. most of them being before lunch too..

Tomorrow doesn't look like it'll turn out much better with 2 people booked in to have scans.. though maybe there will be a rush on in patients needing much needed scans tomorrow morning..

Lucky I have a good book, and I'll suss out some more sudoku puzzles!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Summer on a beautiful island or summer in grey old Glasgow? I think i'd have to go with the first option :)

Anonymous said...

Glasgow Every Time