Anyone paying any attention to my status changes on facebook will be aware that I actually had a proper job interview yesterday, the second of my life…
(yeah I've been lucky with my jobs)
Lets get things straight… I hate interviews… I do, I just don’t perform well in them at all.
I come out thinking and going over all the things I could have said, but didn’t. And thinking why would anyone want to hire such a nutter.
I hate that question “why should we hire you over someone else?” ,“what will you bring to the company?”
Though I have to say the situation questions, describe a situation where xxxx happened, I can do now, as I have a wealth of knowledge in that area now from all my experiences/ mistakes that I can use as examples.
But I suppose one would say that interviews are character building.
As for the job, I’m not even sure if I want it or not, one of the agencies sent an email out while I was in Spain, and it sounded good so I said I was interested, without really giving it too much thought.
I’m still not sure if I want to grow up and be a full time worker again, it's way more fun having a casual fling with various jobs and places over here. This job would be great for experience and future employment, I’d be learning something different (MR), something I wouldn’t get into as easily back home (because we just don‘t have the same amount of equipment), and it’s an area I’ve wanted to get into for a long time.
Seems I would predominantly be the CT person (what I’ve been doing at most of my jobs here) but would have the chance to learn MRI, when CT’s weren’t occurring (by the sounds of it they don’t really do too much CT, but it does vary day to day. It’s at a private hospital in Surrey (about 45mins to the centre of London), and I’d be working most of the time with this one lady, whom I met after the interview.
First impressions, she reminds me of the evil boss I had in Glasgow… but she seemed nice, he didn’t really talk that much.
Most of the staff seem relatively old, as in late 40’s early 50’s so it wouldn’t be the most social place to be working. But then I’d be replacing a NZ chick who’s heading home after working there for 3 years (so it cant be that bad if she stayed there for 3 years. )
It’d be a definite pay cut, though I’d be back to getting paid holidays, and paid sick leave, and know I’d have work for as long as I wanted., it’s also in an expensive place to live, being so close to London and all, but I could live in south London and commute, or find somewhere to live in the town over that has a relatively large student population, so I might be lucky and find something relatively cheap.
I was thinking about looking around for a full-time job to get some MR experience at some point, it‘s the only way I would get some. Others have said that this is a good company to work for too.
But I’m not sure if it’s for me, just yet.
Maybe me saying I don’t want it, is because in saying ‘’I want it“, I’ll put a whole heap of pressure on
myself, and be extremely disappointed if I don’t get it.
Where as saying I don’t really want it from the start , means I won’t be too disappointed if I’m overlooked.
I just hate making decisions..
Though they still have a few more people to interview at the beginning of next week, and they said they’d let me know… so I’ve got a bit of thinking to do, as to what I want to do.
Friday, 26 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck with the interview! wow you have heaps of updates on your blog!
Wht will be will be love. Maybe if you get the job you are supposed to have it and if you don't you aren't
Hey Miss
Hope you are doing well!
Rufus says hi
Post a Comment