Well I survived day 1 here in Essex.
It just wouldn’t be me if something amusing didn’t happen..
I was all excited about living back on hospital grounds.
No commute, no fuss, just roll out of bed at 830am, have a leisurely breakie then skedaddle off to work in plenty of time… or the more usual of hit the snooze then realise it’s 850am and hightail it out of there…
But no it seems the gods had other plans…
I arrived today after taking the long long route to the x-ray department (I got well and truly lost, no surprises there!)
To find out that no I’m not actually meant to be there…
Seriously!
Amusing… yes!
Seems I’m going to be working at the other hospital across town for most of the time, though by the looks of things that changes weekly and daily.
So lets just say not only do I actually have to commute 40mins each way most days. I also have to check the roster before I do so, to make sure they haven’t changed it over night.
But then on a good note I now get to claim my travel passes back, because it’s not where I’m living..
But doh all the same....
It’s karma for rubbing it in everyone’s faces!
So I did some training there before being sent packing on the bus to the other side of town, with “if you try to get there before 5pm that’ll be good!” from the boss..
My god I have entered the ancient realm of x-ray machines..
I want to take pictures of the machines, and send them to museums, they’re that old!
It’s no longer the point and shoot, it’s the twist, shake, and kick variety…
And I have to do dental x-rays… you know those icky ones you get at the dentist, where they shove a hard plastic thing in your mouth that’s annoying and as uncomfortable as all hell!
Yeah I get to do that…
Ick factor,
I almost detest teeth as much as feet!
I miss my CT already!
But again it doesn’t seem to busy over there, more of a booked GP patient variety, so you know how the day should pan out before it begins, and better yet they shut the department for 2 hrs over lunch…
So 2 hr lunch breaks here I come! Though if I’m at the other hospital they only have 30mins if that I’ve been warned…
And what’ better is this place is right near the giant, lets get lost in you TESCO!
So yay if I get bored I can just go shopping for random things!
Still not sure exactly how long the position is for, some say they just need someone for a month, others reckon it’s ongoing, so I’m guessing time will just tell with that one.
Oh and by moving here I’ve moved closer to my stalker it seems… doh…
he keeps calling me and leaving voicemails about how close we are now, and how he’s got all these ideas of how we can spend our weekends together…
I think I need to go into hiding!
Monday, 27 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ew a stalker. I had to laugh about your commute dilemma, I have a terrible commute ever day. The 2 hour lunch thing will be nice, you could read in a warm cafe or something. Do you have on call rooms like in tv shows? could nap!.
Post a Comment