I won’t say that I love it all the time, but it does have it’s benefits. As in being able to get out of London and it’s craziness, and see more of the Uk, than I would if I was in the same place all the time. Actually having to cull everything every few months, mean you don’t collect too much stuff, just the essentials. (well it should!)
It does have down sides too..
As in having to pack up and move everything, which when you have to rely on public transport can be painful at the best of times. Having to constantly restart from the beginning again.
You go from having a lived in room, to one that resembles a hospital room, with not a personal item to be seen. All in a matter of minutes. Then recreate the room at another place, often on the same day.
Have a think about what makes a home a home.
I live mainly in classy hospital accommodation over here. Basically a room, with a sink, a bed and occasionally a desk.
I’ve definitely scored one better this time round, with it including it’s own bathroom…
It’s the little things you just don’t think about that make a room, a home.
Seriously people, I don’t think you understand my excitement…. MY OWN BATHROOM…
The last time I had that was when I was living at home 2 years ago!!!!! (and that was only because no one could be bothered going downstairs if the need arrised.) finally I can leave all my stuff in the bathroom, can have a shower without wearing thongs/flip flops!
The joys!
I’ve had a productive weekend this weekend. Realising I have an extra 200 pounds in my account, lead to a little spending spree..
Possibly not my brightest move… but oh well.
- I now have coat hangers 2 quid (why is it that when people leave they take the hangers!?! I always leave them behind for the poor sucker next in line…)
- Sheets (no more dead people sheets) -3 quid,
- Duvet/ quilt cover set -4 quid (not a classy one, but for 4 quid!)
- My very own duvet/ doona Bargain at 5 quid (no more freezing cold hospital blankets)
- 2 extra pillows 3 quid… (the only downfall of this place was the ½ a pillow they had!)
- Shower mat (2.50) (now i won't completely wash out the bathroom floor!)
- Oven tray! 3 quid
- Potato masher 2 quid (my favourite implement ever since I discovered it in Preston! (see Preston had it’s good points!)
- Set of knives and forks 1 quid… for 16! (because I couldn’t find them in the kitchen… though on closer inspection I actually found them all… oh well you can never have enough knives and forks!)
- Photo’s (my room here has a huge cork board on the wall. so I printed out some photo’s of people and places I’ve been/seen this year, and made a college… I’m mighty impressed! Definitely brightens up the room too, though they keep flying off and landing all over the place)
All for 25 quid!!!
And now it’s my home!
Still have yet to meet my flatmates, though they must be about, people keep setting off the washing machine at weird hours, but yeah have yet to cross paths..
Maybe they’re vampires????
I’ve also noted in the last few weeks, how I’ve changed my way of speaking.
Not for the better I have to add…
One thinks she has spent too much time in the company of Aussies..

2 comments:
Your place seriously is nice! Hope your first day on the new job goes well :) I can spot myself in the pictures!
it's great, ou hould come move here too, living near the hospital aint so bad, espeically when you don't work there!
good spotting 99!,
mmm amusing memories that one brings!
though you'll be impressed to hear that they have a place here that sells jammy donuts too... these chevs were going on and on about them on the bus the other day!.. i'll suss it out!
Post a Comment