Thursday, 29 October 2009

Is it me?

So I finally went and emailed my parents on Tuesday, to tell them I'm coming back for a visit in Nov.

Since so many people have been at me to tell them.

& you know what, I haven't heard a peep out of them.

They've read the email, I got confimation of that.

But obviously have nothing to say on the matter..

I don't know what to think.

7 comments:

Come Back Brighter said...

Email "read" receipts are notoriously unreliable, and I wouldn't like to speculate too much on your family since I don't know them. That said, there could be any number of explanations -- they could be composing a longer response, they might not be comfortable or competent with email, or just completely lazy.

Whatever the outcome or explanation, understand that it is no reflection on you.

Ali said...

I actually logged onto their email account Jay, it's been read

I'm just in a bit of a limbo at the moment, excited about going back, but at the same time petrified.

Jaime S said...

heh I wrote to mine, big long letter about what I'm up to and how I'll be there and have booked a trip for them and stuff.... reply 'have a nice trip'. hehe.

Amanda said...

Hehe, I can't believe you logged into their email account! But at least you know.

Meh, family is shit. You have lots of friends in NSW, so you'll have plenty to keep you busy-- any time you spend with your parents will just be additional to that, that's all. I know it sucks, though :( Just be excited about seeing your friends.

Ali said...

@Amanda- they've stil got the old family email address that we all used to use back in the day.
They obviously hadn't changed the password!

I am exited about seeing my friends

Kristy Burgess said...

Im guessing they p*ssed that you have told them less than 2 weeks before you head home. They probably realise you have decided to tell them at the last minute.

Also, somebody may have already told them you were coming home.

Your a sneaky little devil with their email :)

Ali said...

@ Kristy

Only a few select few knew that I was coming home. (Apart from the whole world on here!)

& I've been careful to keep it off facebook as well.

I only told my cousin last weekend, and she's promised he didn't say anything to anyone