Wednesday, 5 November 2008

A joyful day.. thank god it's over

I’ve been fairly quiet of late

I’ve had plenty to say but honestly, sitting at the computer thinking up witty things to say, is just not as amusing as annoying my flatmates..

I’m totally over working at the moment… 10 days I made..

I think coming back after travelling for 2 months has paid it’s toll.. If I wasn’t so desperate for some money, I reckon I’d be off on some new adventure by now..

I think I need to start investing in these things called lottery tickets… it’d be nice not to have to worry about the money for awhile and just get out and enjoy yourself..

I had one of those F#$%ed up days today, where it was just crazy.

I’ve been shipped off to the other side of town for the entire week this week, which I don’t mind.

It’s mostly easy work, with a patient booked in every 10mins, which is reasonable. It doesn’t take that long to take an x-ray. (I’m an expert after all!)
Especially when there’s 2 or 3 of you.

It’s the dental clinic that gets you, which seems to happen all day everyday…

You cant tell me everyone living here needs x-rays of their teeth…

Today I x-rayed at least 30 people’s teeth…

That’s extra to the already booked in patient every 10mins…

It would have been do able is you know they were sending around walking patients… but no, they send around crackpots, that their own dentist couldn’t get the picture, so they send them to us…

The 90 year old, that decided to dance with my machine, while the machine was taking her x-ray…

It was artistic I have to admit, but nowhere near diagnostic…

The countless men that when asked if they have dentures or plates in, proceed to not just tell me but show me, their “bit’s of teeth, and seem rather proud that they haven’t got dentures..

Then there’s my favourites… that remove the dentures, and let you carry out the x-ray, only to turn around at the end and want to shake your hand…
(excuse me can I put on a glove, doesn’t seem to be the right thing to say!)

I have a rather expressive face it seems when it comes to gross things…

I really hate teeth!

And these clinics are slowly sucking the life out of me…

Not to mention Richard the guy I was working with today.
Came in at 8am, when he knew he was to start at 830am, then pissed off at 4pm to go home, leaving me with a pile of 10 patiens waiting to be x-rayed (yet another rush from the clinic!)

Slightly annoyed I was, but the receptionist wrote the funniest email to the boss, moments after he took off, so now it’s going to look like I’m an evil locum and dobbed him in!

Awesome!

But yeah, I’m a little sad to have lost my favourite flatmate Pete… who I certainly made an interesting impression on the other night, after drinking too much wine… (but oh well I’m a lost cause we know that…)

But he’s escaped, got a new job and is moving on…
Bye Pete!

I’ve been spending my lunches that sometimes seem to be for 1.5 hrs… (if we’re up to date) wandering about the some what huge tesco just down the road from us.

And today while I was there, this 90 year old biddy attacked me with her trolley, for no real reason…

I wasn’t in the way, I wasn’t doing anything stupid for a change… I was just there… and she took aim…

And now I have the most hideous bruise on my thigh ever… and it still aches..

The world was just against me today I think…

I’m off to bed,

tomorrow can’t be any worse…. right?

No comments: