From there we headed straight for Christchurch, arriving around 2pm (we were still lucky enough to have the bus that traveled at the speed of light!)
Decided to hire a car, as by then B was over the walking and catching buses, and a bomb it was!
and spent the night catching up with KT at her house... mmm cider
and i got to meet the famous housemate Garfield! isn't he adorable!
It's hard to believe it was last May when we last saw each other, it felt like it was only yesterday!
watched this bizarre show called distraction... slightly distressing seeing people do the things they were made to do... i thought it was just a nz thing, but no we have the british to thank for it... very disturbing...
The next day we headed out to Akaroa, quaint little fishing town situated on the southern side of Bank Peninsula, just 1 and a half hours from the city.
The town has a distinct French flavour to it, as it was the countries first French settlement. with quaint little craft shops, cafes and stunning scenery it was just gorgeous.
we did think a few times that the bomb of a car wasn't going to make it up the mountains! but we got there in the end
Akaroa harbour
New Brighton pier
KT and I
(we really need to start taking pictures sober KT!)

1 comment:
Awww, Garfield! I love Garfield, and Chicko. I'm jealous, I want to hang out with Kt too!
Post a Comment