Today got off to a fantastic start, with my first patient taking a swipe to the jaw, before kicking me in the shoulder.. And swearing at me..
that's patient satisfaction for you!
It was a game of cat and mouse with this nutter. She’d had a fall in the ward over the weekend, and as a safety measure they have to x-ray everything that appear to hurt, to save the patient suing them later on…
Lucky they brought her on a trolley, so all I had to do was try and get films underneath the trolley in approximately the right spot for what I wanted to x-ray, without getting clobbered by her swinging hands..
I have to say it’s really hard to act professional when you’re being told to F&%$ off, among other things..
I was slightly (extremely if i'm being truthful ) rude, especially when she caught me off guard in the jaw.. But man I would have given anything to hit her in the head after she kicked me in the shoulder with her supposedly sore ankle…
If she can do that… it ain’t broken…
I get that people don’t want to be in hospital, but seriously you don’t have to be rude.
There must be a full moon out, because nearly every other patient was just as mad…
I had to chase one old guy down the corridor, when he escaped out of bed and took off, screaming at everyone he passed..
Then another had a go at me for taking too long…
Um excuse me it takes a while to do 10 million x-rays!
Had to laugh though, while I was getting screamed at and hit, Laura was on a self harm expedition…
Seriously she squashed her hand in theatre, then fell up the stairs dropping all the x-ray cassettes, and almost breaking her finger!
Then tried to clobber herself in the head with the x-ray machine…
Thankfully we didn’t work together. Otherwise between us, there could have been some serious damage!
I’ve begun the fun task of packing up my life here, and it’s kind of sad… this brings it to the 6th time I’ve moved this year… not bad odds!
I once again own too much stuff, lucky I’m driving up to Scotland, not flying… though I may regret that once I start driving..
It’s funny though, I found the light switch to the light I could never turn on last night…
It’s boggled me for the last 3 months, and a few days before I leave I find the silly thing…
I must be blind.. That or someone has been in my room and put it there!
The cupboards are almost bare… everything is currently everywhere and it’s a matter of life and death trying to walk around at the moment…
Who am I kidding it’s going to be another last ditched effort where I throw everything in the back of the car at the last moment how it lands is where it stays!
Saves on unpacking later!
Anyways off to do anything but pack!
Monday, 29 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good god. I think they're attracted to you, actually. I don't get the crazies like that at my work!
Stuart called you a geek for having your own blog. lol. If only he knew. haha
Post a Comment