Whoever suggests doing it should first have their head read!
Make sure you have great company, loads of decent tunes, and a map… (a map is important!)
I’ve spent the last few days working my way north from Essex, right to the top of Scotland…
The sceney was stunning...
It was actually a reactively pain free adventure up this way.
but it was hilarious… and we literally did just drive drive drive.
With a few crazy side trips just because we were in the neighbourhood.
I’ll admit to not having a map, but forked out some cash for Tim, my lovely new sat nav.. That after travelling 800 miles I would love to throw out into the sea…
He was no better than Yaniss and tried to get me lost time and time again…. “you are going the wrong way” but provided me with something to swear at that didn't respond..
What brings me to Aberdeen you may ask… (and many have.. Even I have asked myself that!..)
Perhaps it is the glorious sunshine, and blue skies that remains most of the time hidden behind the clouds? Or is it the convenient location… right at the top of the country? Or maybe it’s the strange language and accents that can be heard throughout that land called Scotland?
If only it were so exciting… it’s just for a job..
I’m staying once again in hospital accommodation, and I knew it would be bad, but it’s a shock to the system after Essex, which was awesome!..
It’s in this derelict looking building, that I found out today is being demolished in a few months…
I have a room, with a door that requires 3 hands and an almighty shove to open.. Good for security…
One bathroom to share with 25 others that I’ve counted… the rest of the bathrooms are permanently out of order it seems…
and a kitchen with this sign on the door,
and requires a code to get in…no plates, bowls pots or pans, only 1 sharp knife.. (but going by the sign on the door, they’ve been taken away because no one ever cleaned up after themselves. Which is kind of funny when you think about it)
But it can't be all bad, as they have a hall on the ground floor that offers Badminton.. I'm so joining for a laugh!
I kept seeing these really dirty cars on the motorway and was disgusted that people didn't clean their cars very often.. only to realise that it's what happens when you drive in winter over here.
Here's the back of our once clean and sparkling hire car!

3 comments:
I think I would have rathered the shitty overwork of Essex than having to live in a complete hovel- if you can't enjoy going home in the evening, what's the point of life???
But you should definitely join Badminton. And take photos. I can't believe how dirty your car got- it was so shiny last time I saw it!!!
I like the work though, and the rooms not as bad, you know once you get in the door...
and the accents really sell it..
I really hated the work in Essex, and i hated who I became..., i spend more time at work than in my room... the room i can get over...and it's for 7 weeks.. 6 if you take away the holidays i've got planned!
I can make it... it's character building
Haha - glad security is up to scratch.
:)
Post a Comment