Tuesday, 13 January 2009

I've annoyed an American... Go figure

It’s a bizarre place to be…

For the last week and a half I’ve kept my thoughts to myself, but tonight was time to comment..

Since I’ve come over here I make snap like & dislike decisions… I never used to do it back home… I gave myself a chance to get to know people before I made that decision… here you have a minute..

You meet so many new people travelling you either like them or you don’t… why waste time with the people you don’t..

Anyways I don’t like the people I’m stuck working with, I really don’t… they have no personality, they don’t talk, they never smile, they’re just plain weird..

Hang on…maybe they’re all mind readers, maybe that’s what I’m missing?? Secretly they’re having conversations that I can’t hear…

I usually find it ridiculously easy to fit in any department, within hours… here, I still feel as if I’m walking on egg shells…
yeah I did piss one of the favourites off on the second day… but I’ve been good since then honest..

There’s still six of us working in the same box, you’d think someone would make some noise once in a while, but no… it’s like working with the dead… silence all the way..

Anyone that’s spent any time with me will know that I can’t be quiet for long… I just go insane…

The doctors are fantastic though, they’ll happily amuse me and chat way, but the others just look at me as if I’m breaking the code…

the code of silence that is..

Now for the last few days I’ve just though it’s me, but I got talking to Kerrin the other locum (the one who’s job I stole) tonight and she had similar things to say about the others in the general department.

Supposedly they don’t talk either… they just stand around in silence even when there’s no work to do..
And no one talks to each other in the tearoom at lunch either..
Weird!

So we came to the conclusion that we’re odd, or the whole department is bizarre…

We had this really bright idea tonight, both being bored with our own company of a night in the horrible accommodation, we decided to head into town..

Now I had this bright idea that we should walk into town…

Which when you take into consideration I had no idea which way town actually was, it was dark, and pushing 1 degree…

Smart… real smart!

We did have a few hilarious moments. When we realised we were actually walking in completely the wrong direction… with many wrong turns that had us walking up unnamed streets, and down deserted alley ways..

In the end we just kept walking thinking we’ll just hit the sea eventually, and what do you know we did..

I have to say the beach in Aberdeen looks better at night… there’s really not a lot to see!

But we made it eventually. Our destination was ASDA! ( a giant supermarket chain over here!)

So once again my sole entertainment has been to head to an ASDA shop for the evening… it’s starting to sound a bit like Preston…

We did take a walk along the main street, and it was empty of people… where do they all go????

That is my mission… to find all the Aberdeenshire people!

And as the heading states I’ve pissed off an American…

I got pulled up by the boss of the department, asking about a run in with an American in the accommodation…

note I’ve only run into 2 people since arriving…

One on the first day who asked if I had a phone in my room, which I did, and another from Dundee that was just as appalled with the lodgings as myself!

Supposedly I’ve created quite a stir arriving in the accommodation…

Which I can’t see how me having a phone in my room causes a stir or a problem.. It’s not like it rings, I don’t even know the number, and you can’t make out going calls..

Go figure!

But he kept telling me if I had any other problems to let him know straight away…

I’m still confused as to what the inital problem actually is/was?!

Considering the American in question was only there that first night… why should it bother him whether I have a phone or not??

They breed some weird ones up here :O)

2 comments:

superstar said...

oh they do sound weird!
wow a fun night at ASDA!

Come Back Brighter said...

That is just the strangest thing -- complaining about a phone that doesn't ring, when they are only there for one night. And what is with your obsession with Asda?

Sounds like the other locum has forgiven you for being a compulsive job-stealer, tho.