Friday, 30 January 2009

The Axe

Today I got told it was my last day here at work..

That’s it, no notice, just they don’t need you Monday…

That was from my agency too at 330pm on a Friday afternoon…

They haven’t needed me the last month I’ve been here either, it’s been a running joke why I’m actually here the whole time…
The whole having at least 6 radiographers working one scanner, was absurd, considering you only need 3...

The boss came up to me at 5pm and was like I told the agency weeks ago.

But you know what, I don’t think she did..

So I’ve spent the last few hours trying to decided where I want to go next.

I hear back about a job near London, on Monday morning, though that was being sussed out while I was away anyway, and is looking promising.

But they’re letting me stay on in the general department for a 2 week trial, but going by the way kerrin feels about them it‘d be much the same, and they‘re all overstaffed too…


so much for the credit crunch!


I’m thinking of just packing up and heading somewhere else sooner rather than later.

I’m annoyed because it’s the first time a job has just vanished out from underneath me. I only had another 2 weeks to go here anyway but still...

I'm not upset, because really who am I kidding I’ve hated the work up here… And have been counting down the days since I got here, even before I got here.

But it’s kind of amusing, don’t you think!?!


Seems I'm not good enough for Aberdeen after all!


I knew I shouldn't have spoken out loud!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good lord... sudden is right. If you're out in the street, you can always come and stay here. We're nice hosts- you can be our maid ;)