Monday, 21 April 2008

Temptations

So I'm sitting here with Jodi Pioult's latest novel "Change of Heart" trying not to read it.

I spotted it in the bookshop when i was looking for a novel to take to read on the plane to Turkey, and i couldn't resist buying it.

Had a mini book club session with a random stranger in the bookshop about all her other books, who was so excited to find the newest one she rang her mother to squeal in delight. Her mother wasn't as impressed!

I think she's a fantastic author, and I've enjoyed every single book I've read by her... it's no secret I tell everyone and try to convert them too. I just love it when you meet someone who enjoys them as much as me... seems there are some happy Londoner's out there... they're to be found in bookshops!

I have managed to move out of my lovely accomodation, with clean bathrooms, relatively normal flatmates (apart from the singing opera at 2am... and the strange goings on in room 206A which i never got to the bottom of..)
It took awhile I'll admitt... I have to be one of the best procrastinator's around... I did everything except pack last night.. but was rudely awoken this morning by guys cleaning the windows and making as much noise as they could, so if that didn't wake you up, they were closely followed by a practice fire alarm going off...

I'm proud...
I managed to stay in a place for 3.5 weeks and not set the firealarm off once!!!
It's an achievement alright!

It's sad leaving a place, thinking will I be back?
I've had snow, amusing encounters, mystery and intrigue, and a whole bunch of fantatic people to work with...

So long Surrey and thanks for the laughs...

No comments: